We invite philosophers to participate
The 11th Polish Philosophical Congress shall take place in Lublin between the 9th and 14th of September 2019. The host of the Congress shall be the Faculty of Philosophy at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin. We invite philosophers to participate in the Congress and deliver a paper in the Foreign Guest Section ‘Polish Philosophy: Past and Present’.
Abstracts for papers (up to 2,000 characters in English) can be submitted until May 31, 2019. Notifications of acceptance of the papers shall be sent by June 21, 2019.
Chair of the Section
Agnieszka Lekka-Kowalik, Associate Professor
Secretary of the Section
Marcin Garbowski, MA
Important organizational information
- January 7, 2019 – start date for applying for participation in the Congress, sending presentation abstracts and making payments of participation fees.
- May 1, 2019 – final date for sending participation applications in the Congress as well as sending presentation abstracts
- June 21, 2019 – final date for receiving an acceptance of the abstract
- June 30, 2019 – final date for making the payments connected with the Congress.
- July 31, 2019 – final date for cancelling participation in the Congress with an 85% refund of the participation costs
- September 9–14, 2019 – 11th Polish Philosophical Congress
- Standard registration fee – 350 PLN
- Discount registration fee for students, PhD candidates and retired participants – 290 PLN.
The Congress fee covers the costs of:
- Participation in the sessions throughout the duration of the Congress;
- Using the rooms and the facilities where the Congress is taking place;
- Conference materials (including access to the electronic book of abstracts and the programme);
- Drinks and snacks during the coffee breaks during the entire Congress;
- Participating in the accompanying events (concerts, live-shows, exhibitions, trips);
- Administrative and organizational services related to the Congress.
Bank account number
where the fee should be transferred:
PL 03 1050 1953 1000 0090 3079 8087
INGBPLPW 03 1050 1953 1000 0090 3079 8087
Fundacja Rozwoju Katolickiego Uniwersytetu Lubelskiego Jana Pawła II
Al. Racławickie 14, 20–950 Lublin
The 11th Polish Philosophical Congress – name and surname
- The full cost of meal accommodation throughout the entire Congress – 260 PLN.
- There is a possibility of purchasing separate meals:
- Banquet on the first day of the Congress – 60 PLN,
- lunch – 30 PLN,
- dinner – 20 PLN.
In case you want to take advantage of this offer, please select the appropriate fields in the registration form.
Meals shall be served in the immediate proximity of the Congress venue in the Collegium Joannis Pauli II on the premises of the Main Campus at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin at Aleje Racławickie 14.
The sessions of the 11th Polish Philosophical Congress shall take place in the Knowledge Transfer Centre as well as in the Main Building and the Collegium Joannis Pauli II in the premises of the Main Campus of the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin at Aleje Racławickie 14 in Lublin. All locations are wheel-chair accessible.